Monday, March 24, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend?

Ok, before I get into this. Let me just admit from the onset that I'm dumb. I made the mistake when I first purchased my Bell Sweep R helmet 2 seasons ago, I cut the excess straps on the helmet a bit short. Actually, only short once my head, we'll say... 'grew'. Yeah, I put on some weight since then, that topped with wearing a skull cap when I'm riding in cooler weather make the straps a bit tighter and often come undone and out of the clamp...

And well, this is what happens over time to those straps, that I've found out can't be replaced. The left is still holding, the right on the other hand is the pain in my side.
After a little playing with fire, I was able to fix the strap but it also meant that I needed to cut the strap a little more but this should serve as a good fix as I decide which helmet to go to...
The Sweep R has been the best helmet that I've ever owned and am not really sure I want to have to replace it but I'm afraid I've only temporary fixed it. It's has performed great, been extremely comfortable and lightweight, never once having any complaint. As of right now, I'm debating between the matte titanium Giro Atmos and a few others, but am open to suggestions. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Ryan said...

The Atmos is nice, but expensive!
I just got the Sonice Elite yesterday because I found a GIANT crack in my Anthem. It's a nice helmet so far, but then agian I have only had two rides with it now. I would easily reccomend it so far.

brianb said...

Lazer is where its at! It will make you ride like Tom Boonen!

GBK said...

You have to get the Lazer with the diamond embedded in it otherwise you will not ride like Tom.

Jason Hilimire said...

Go for the atmos, I just picked on up this week and love it