Friday, October 24, 2008

Looky Looky.

Well, today was a good day. Besides a day long rain storm, I was able to get breakfast with a friend, spend some time at Barnes and Noble just catching up on a bunch of random partial reads of books that seemed interesting and then I get to work and receive this in the mail...

That's right folks, it's the Team Edition BD2 by Ergon. I had recently decided that an Ergon bag was going to be the best choice for Trans Iowa this May and looked into getting one. Needless to say after a few brief emails I was able to get my hands on one. I can't expresss how excited I am to finally get my hands on one, to try one out in 'real' urban conditions all in preperation for May 2 and 3.

I can't say it was really an easy decision for me to go backpack since I've run a messenger bag for years, after hearing the praises from folks who shoot it straight when it comes to these things, I'm excited to see what it can handle and do. This is actually one of the first items, bicycling related or other, that I felt the need to read the instructions and get the bag dialed to me especially given that Ergon puts so much weight into there ergonomic specific design. Easy to read, easy to adjust, it was ready in no time. Now just for some ride time with it. Which will come Monday at the latest given that I'm traveling with my parents to Youngstown State for their game against Northern Iowa.

It'll be good to see how the BD2 holds up for commuting. Plenty of posts to follow on that topic.

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

go panthers! :)

DMC said...

Bag is the shit ,,,, Better than my messenger bag. It will even hold a 18 pack of what ever you want on the outside of the bag. Have Fun