Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HELP!!!

I NEED YOUR HELP!!! Yes, you... in the red. Wait. Maybe not you.

Seriously though. I'm in a very difficult position right now. I took my wheel into the shop today and it's toast, totally untrueable. It is a sad day, but fortunately I can simply order up a new rim and use the exsisting hub and spokes and re-lace it with a new rim. But fear overcame me once I realized that the wheel was shot. I had yet to fully examine the frame. This is where I need your help... I am need of wisdom from those much smarter than I on the condition of the frame.

Exhibit 1:

Look carefully at the top tube... right at the braze-on... does the top tube seem to be bent upward? I can't tell if it's just my eyes or just an optical illusion. The arrow is pointing to the place where I believe that the bend is. Also the 'A' and 'B' are places where I've noticed that the paint is cracked perpendicular to the tubes... meaning horizontal if seated on the bike looking down. Which is not found anywhere else on the bike and has me nervous.

Anyone? Please any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

And because every cloud DOES have a green lining... there is never a reason to always to leave you on a downer.

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

looks bent to me....

Captain Bob said...

it's bent. do you have a straight ruler or something you know if straight you can lay up against it? A level maybe?