Monday, November 26, 2012

NDJR/20 Liters: Day 5

DAY 5 - Back at it.

Today was cold. 31 degrees to be certain, at least that's what a sign said as I passed it on my way to class.

Fortunately the normal headwind I encounter riding in wasn't present this morning, so you'll have to wait for some beard icicle photos as winter makes it's way into West Michigan. I did get to bust out my first piece of my winter riding gear today. My trusty Salsa Lobster gloves - ok, more like ninja turtle hands but you get the idea.  These have been with me for at least 7+ years, although they don't have windproof front keep my hands nice and toasty. Though I should note that unlike most riders, my hands typically get warmer as I ride.

If you are new to No Drive, you might be wondering what I might wear when I ride and commute.  On longer rides and tours I will Superman suit up but really no one needs to see that and often seeing riders in 'So-pro' spandex doesn't help promote cycling to the world around.  Over the years, I have found a few companies that have made clothing that not only is cycling appropriate but also allows those around you in the office or at school not think you're about to race Usain Bolt in a 100 meter dash - namely Levi, Chrome, and DZR.

As winter begins to really take shape, I'll try my best to give a better idea of how I go about continuing to ride - not only with what I wear but with how I outfit my bikes.

Again you can follow all of this on my Twitter and sponsor a mile by  donating here.
_

Totals to date:
Miles today: 4.8 miles

Overall miles: 28.6 miles

This Cyber Monday, give the gift of water by clicking here.

No comments: