Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NDJR/20 Liters: Day 1

DAY 1.


Today began the following weeks of commuting for 20 Liters and what better way than starting out with an easy cruise to class on my cruiser -  a sunny day for a ride, with a chill that shook me from my afternoon slump once on the road.

The image above shows you my typical route to school and back, roughly 4.8 miles - which is slightly longer than the 3.7 miles individuals walk to get water each day (Source: CMU). According to the World Health Organization, 20 liters of water from a source 1km or 0.62 miles is deemed the minimum requirement per person per day. Meaning, most are traveling further to unclean water sources simply to survive.

Kind of puts things in perspective.

How can you join with me?

Remember my goal is to raise $140 for 140 miles for 10 years of clean water for 7 people or 1 family.

- Go to my 20 Liters Page.
- Donate.

A few suggestions on how:
- Forgo your morning latte and sponsor a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of riding 4.8 miles or $4.80
- Take the money you'd use for a movie or going out to eat and sponsor my commute on Tuesday 9.6 miles or $9.60
- Donate per total miles



No comments: