Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NDJR/20 Liters: Day 2

DAY 2 -

Today while riding as I got frustrated with a car that wasn't giving me much room on the road, I was reminded...

I love riding my bike.
I love working on bikes.
It's a hobby.
It's a choice.

I have the privilege of having ability to choose to ride (one of my 6 bikes) or drive my own car on any given day.

How many others don't have a choice?

When I was home from commuting I quickly grabbed a glass and drank some water, then had a coffee. Not even having a second thought that the water I was drinking would harm me.

For many in the world, 1 in 8 to be precise - water has the ability to give them life - also has the ability to kill them.  But they have no choice, they take the risk.

This unsettles me and challenges me.
_

Miles today: 6 miles
Overall miles: 10.8 miles
_

140mi = $140 = 10 yrs of clean water for 7 people or 1 family
$1 sponsors a mile, do so by clicking here.

No comments: