Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Red's getting close.

Now, I must first start off by apologizing for my lack of posts in the last two weeks. Honestly, I was extremely excited to write this month, which hasn't been the case for some time. But as life happens, and when I'm completely honest, I get overwhelmed. And well, life has happened. It hasn't been the greatest of times lately but I've saved you from that until now and so I will continue to do so now...

But with the persuasion of F2 [aka Michelle our resident spell checker,editor, and dedicated Saturday Night Ride rider; and good friend] I've gotten back on the horse a bit. I've had a few bike projects that have been completed in the last few weeks if you've been following my twitter. The first was a good friend of mine's single speed project for his wife. Then it was Michelle's fixie which is HOT!!! [and will be featured here soon hopefully]. Then my roommates bike transformation... this to this.

Needless to say, I've had things going on to write about... then add on bike to work week and day last week, the ride of silence today in Grand Rapids. There are plenty of issues and topics that I should be writing on. But thank you for your patience and understanding that, well, as much as I hate to admit it there is often more drama in my life than I would like and after 27 years, I just now have discovered I don't respond well to that.

Today was a day off for me though, which always helps serve as a time to come up for air, regroup and hopefully shut of the ol' head of mine. Since I've been waiting on a few parts for Red recently I've had time to think about other ways to make her shine... This was the latest...


Now, I am be generous. Normally I have only teased at what has been done to her. But today I gave you as atonement for my lack of posts a full picture of my wheelset. They are Velocity Fusion rims, that I had earlier this spring put red nipples on and now have added 8 white spokes on the non-drive side of the wheels to for a 4 pointed star of sorts... Why you might ask? Because I can.

If all goes to plan, I will have the bike together FINALLY, next Wednesday, just in time to take her on the Wednesday Night ride that happens here in Grand Rapids each week. I might be making a last minute change to the pedals but you will have to wait and see for that....

No comments: