Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May is Bike Month

So yes. May is bike month. Most of you within the cycling world I'm sure are already aware but given my recent excursion back to the home land, I haven't been able to really embrace and write about what I hope May will bring with it's 2009 incarnation...

Most of the cycling industry is embracing this 'National' month with more published advocacy, sales and intentionality of reaching out to the public as a whole. Bike month should be a special month here at No Drive, for one, we will finally publish this years challenge, along one with introducing some new contributors and participants.

Which for me is exciting in itself to get other peoples voices and stories out there for all to enjoy. And if all goes to plan we should be covering 3 different states with participants.

Here are a few other things that I'm looking forward to this month on the site:

- Using the One World, Two Wheels promotion as a spring broad for conversation, I will be focusing on a number of posts expanding on a lot of the fact that they present on their site.

- Bike to work week, May 11-15, and day, May 15

- After a winter of waiting, Red's unveiling to the world.

- The official announcement and details of a fall gravel race here in Western Michigan, in the spirit of Trans Iowa

No comments: