Thursday, February 28, 2008

Switchblade G2



In what can only be said as awesome. Gary Fisher was brought into the shop today just to hang out and chat a bit with us lowly shop rats. The one regret that I had from last night was that I hadn't gotten Fisher to sign the Ferrous. I know, mildly cheesy but come on, you'd probably do the same thing if given the chance.

So over the course of conversation, I was able to get him to sign the bike [pictures to follow]. As he was looking over the bike we talked about a few things and then looked at the Switchblade fork I've got on it and asked if it was with the offset. I jumped. Almost instantly, said no but asked if the rumors were true. He smiled and said he wants it to be. Then our rep chimed in that the Switchblade fork should be out sometime this fall!

Amazing.

That excites me, this day has just gotten awesome. Fisher was a great guy who was super easy to talk to as we went from European Child carriers [don't ask how that started =)] to Cyclecross racing to frame geometry. Just great and if you couldn't tell, I'm still excited.

No comments: