Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

Now, if you're fans of No Drive. over on Facebook, you'll have read this under the company overview:

We dream simple dreams. Intentional living. Attempting to bring change to our world and taking advantage of each individuals own sphere of influence. Simple solutions to complex problems: giving instead of taking, loving instead of hating, riding instead of driving.

Intentional living. Taking Advantage of an individuals sphere of influence. Simple solutions. These are the phrases that drive me each day, these simple statements are what I hope my own personal compass is set on. I hope and strive to be taking steps to live in such a way that I am doing these things. Yet, I often fail.

A few days ago, I had the day off. I really didn't do anything. I mean, I did nothing. But somehow in the middle of that, I realized I needed a new belt and as I looked through my spare and old bike parts I discovered I had a few old tires that were pretty sweet but unusable for any actual riding. Ta-da! Queue the music! Why not make a belt out of one of them.

This of course, lead me to think how this might lead to a NDJR carry-over. We're already making and developing t-shirts but why not reuse some thing that has used up it's life as some thing else. Why not reduce the amount of 'stuff' that we're bringing into the world. Why not breathe life into some thing that just gets thrown out.

So became the first prototype of the No Drive. Just Ride. belt.


This is an old Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Tire partnered with some parts of an old belt. And what do you know. It works. It's comfortable. It looks sweet. It's time for you to get your hands on one.

Each belt is unique with their own personality, tread and buckle. If you are interested in getting your hands on one of these please email me at adamlorenz@gmail.com with a waist measurement [in inches] and what kind of tread pattern you'd be interested in getting your hands on. The first generation NDJR belts will start at $20 and that includes shipping to the continental U.S.. Payments via Paypal will be accepted.

Once again, email me and we can get the conversation started on your one of a kind belt!

No comments: