Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wednesday Ride: No Drive Style.

Last night, Tom and I... well, more so Tom rallied some of the troops and did a little Wednesday night ride [which worked out great considering, I found out this morning, that the normal Wednesday ride was a no go]... 5 bikes, 6 people... you do the math.

The beast got an unusual late season workout, inspired by Bottke no less. Here are a few photos from it. For all of the pictures check it out here.







If you remember for my birthday I received a bike from a co-worker... Well, if you know me well enough you know that I can't just leave things be and I must alter and tinker. I have resolved that I won't be naming another bike but I must say I was influenced greatly by the new Salsa Fargo...


as you can see...


I'm not finished tinkering yet, but I'm close. Be grateful. Be thankful. Ted said it best yesterday...

'Tomorrow we stop to do something that maybe we all ought to take pause and really concentrate on. Giving thanks. Yeah....there are lots of reasons to grumble. Jobs lost, stocks losing value, and a general fear has gripped many. But, do you realize there are millions that would take your place in a heartbeat? Millions that are suffering far worse fates than you who may have lost part of your retirement, lost a job, or a house. We still are a rich, rich nation folks. In the overall perspective of things, we have so much to be thankful for that we should, and could go on about that all year long. If you are a cyclist, and you can get out on a ride in the next few days, clear your head of all the cultural hoopla for a bit, and give thanks for the blessings you have. Can't think of anything? Here.....let me help you out! Check out that thing you're riding, and think of your ability to ride it. There's two things to be thankful for right there, ya ninny!

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday!'

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm glad to see The Beast in action! (and pissed that I had to spend the night under my friggin car.)

B I D W E L L said...

I'm thinking the xtra-surfing could be the next big thing! I soo want to try that.

Adam Lorenz said...

Bottke could give you a chance.

Michael Lemberger said...

"I'm thinking the xtra-surfing could be the next big thing!"

Maybe, but rumor has it that it's the fastest way to taco a rear wheel x-o